Monday, May 13, 2013

Piano top Chest

 I think summer is here! Yea!!!!  Here's a fun little project, I found at a thrift shop. It was in great shape. The drawer wasn't closing right at all......so it was priced low...and you know what was wrong??? It was just off it's track! My good luck was working that day. Even the insides of the drawers were in perfect condition.   I painted a distressed look on the lower half, using CeCe Caldwell's paint. The top was done with acrylic paint because I can blend better for the shadings on the keys. Chalk paint is thicker so it is not as good for fine detail and blending.



I love to do Piano keys (you probably already know that if you have looked at all my blog), they intrigue me. I don't even play! My sister Mary Ann plays piano beautifully and I love to listen to the expression she puts into her music. I do however play guitar and sing. I played in a band for about 15 years and then did a singles act for another 10. Now I play with a group for Assisted Living Centers and such. I have actually written several songs, so music is in my blood.

If you look to the left of the picture, there is the leg from a chair I have on display also. These pieces can be found at Space Doctors Interiors,  209 5th street, in West Des Moines Iowa.
  




Any questions? I love to help  in any way I can. Just post here, or you can email me at csoconnor1@gmail.com.
I will be at ArtFest in West Des Moines Ia this Sunday, May !9th. It is in the Historical Valley Junction . I will be in front of Space Doctors Interiors doing some live demonstrations on my painting. Stop in and see me, I would love to visit with you! Ta ta for now, Carolyn


3 comments:

  1. I love this one! That blue color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia, Love your blog, I just stopped over there! That blue color is Blue Montana Sky in Ce Ce Caldwell's chalk paint line. Hope all is going well, thanks for stopping by! Carolyn

      Delete
  2. It’s my first time to visit this site & I’m really surprised to see such impressive stuff out there.
    plastic chairs

    ReplyDelete