Thursday, January 2, 2014

December gallery display

Oh, the weather outside is frightful, and my dear you're so delightful, and tho' we've got no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Sounds like they are sure getting it in the Northeast now. We just have enough to cover the ground, so we have been lucky in that respect. I know I am late posting this, but I was in Charleston, SC visiting my daughter and her family. I had a wonderful time. They have 5 dogs..no , it's not a typo! 5 Dogs, and yes they are allowed in the house. So I made this sign for them out of old barn wood from my sister' barn, and took it to them in a huge old  brown suit case. They loved it!

I might add that if you would like a sign like this, I am taking orders. They are made out of old barn wood, approximately 15" X 24", can be made in the colors you want. Each sign is hand made so there will be little variances in the wood (and you can customize them if the size isn't perfect for your spot- or you have cats, or you have one dog..you get the picture!) $69. Just email me at csoconnor1@gmail.com







Now back to my post I started in December but didn't get finished.

I have several projects I still would like to complete, but of course I always think I can get a weeks worth of work done each day, when I plan my time out in my mind..I have been doing this for years and you would think I would be able to gauge it better!
I was at the gallery and this is part of my display for the month. I snagged such a great spot, and had fun things to display.


I finished some clocks for the Christamas display, and you can see a couple of them in the back ground. 


                                     

These  clocks are such fun to work on. I find them at the used furniture store, thrift store and sometimes at garage sales. They are always stained brown when I get them, with some domestic picture in the bottom picture frame, like a spinning wheel, or maybe a fireplace with a teddy bear. So, of course...



                                         
I take the picture out and make a pendulum out of wire and beads. It is not a working pendulum, but just a pretty bright fun thing to look at.




Here are some more shots of the gallery display.


                                                   

                                                   

                                                     


These are some little desk art wooden blocks that I paint a saying onto, and then embellish it with color. They seem to go over real well and they are at a good price point too.

                                                   


And, one final shot of my display. Hope you had a great end of the year, I am off to gallery tomorrow to change my display.


I hope you have a wonderful, artful  New Year this coming year, If you have any questions about painting on wood, give me a holler, I am always glad to help. My email is csoconnor1@gmail.com  Catch you later, Carolyn.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn,

    I love your blog! It's so nice and you make such a lovely things. I also enjoy to paint furniture and making old things new. It is so nice!

    Kind regards,
    Ana (Treelady)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ana! I appreciate the compliments! Isn't painting fun? I would love to see some of you work if you would like to share. Just email any pictures to csoconnor1@gmail.com. thanks again! Carolyn

      Delete
  2. I wanna thanks to a great extent for providing such informative and qualitative material therefore often.
    cr plastics upright adirondack

    ReplyDelete