Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chairs at Gallery



This is a picture of the chairs I had on display at Noyes Art Gallery. If you look around, you will find some old chairs that are sound, but in need of a face lift. I painted the canvas seats that cover two of the chairs. To start, just sand all the shiny off of them if they are stained and varnished. Then put a coat of primer on, after it has dried start painting! Remember, you can always paint over it if you don't like it, so don't worry about making a mistake. If you purchased your chair from a thrift store or
garage sale, you don't have that much in it even if you do think you ruined it. But, again, if you don't like what you have done, paint over it. The key is to have fun.


 This is a close up of the painted daisy seat. This was done on canvas with acrylic paints.



This is a close up of the funky flower seat. Again, acrylic paints on canvas I used to recover the seats.


The Body of the chair I painted with spray paint and then embellished with paint pens and acrylic paints. The spray paint is fast, but is not as durable as painting it by hand. I used  several coats of spray sealer also. Again, the spray sealer is not as durable as hand painting the polyurethane on.






Here is a picture of the "Sit and Dream" Chair. Has on the rim "Oh how I love to sit and dream"... Hand painted with acrylic paint, then 4 coats of polyurethane.This chair was purchased on the "Junk Jaunt" held every year in Nebraska. Hundreds of miles of garage sales! I was in 7th heaven. My sister Mary Ann and I went together in my van and had to come back and unload once. Hmmmm....  I think I still have some of the "junk" at her place!  Catch you later, Carolyn

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn... thank you for visiting my blog and for all your wonderful kind words...especially about my painted art bag! I did paint it with craft acrylic paints... it took quite a bit of paint to cover that bright blue... and you're right... since it won't be washed it's not a problem. I still use it to travel... near and far... and still love it! You'll have to let me know if you paint one!

    Blessings...
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karla, I love it and yes I do want to paint one. I will be sure to let you know. It will be right after my next 1000 projects I have lined up! It made me smile and get excited aobut painting one. Thanks for the inspiration for the day!

      Hugs,...
      Carolyn

      Delete
  2. Oh duh... and I meant to tell you how fun and delightful your painted furniture is! I can tell you enjoy doing it... love it! God bless the work of your hands and heart my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your supportive comments. I do love to paint funky furniture. I enjoyed your site very much too.
      Hugs,...
      Carolyn

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy, I love your site also. I appreciate your comments. Carolyn

      Delete
  4. I’m eager to find the valuable information and for me this is the right place to get the good stuff.
    cr plastic products coupon

    ReplyDelete